They’re your testimonials. Rebrand at will.
The WordPress post is a very powerful thing. It has both simple and complex features.
Testimonials are a custom post type and therefore can use all those features, including archive pages, custom fields and comments.
Use the Properties add-on for Strong Testimonials to harness that power.
- Change every single label across all admin pages from “Testimonial” to “Review” or anything you like. “Add New Testimonial” becomes “Add New Review” or “Add New Customer Story”, etc.
- Control the permalink structure. Use a custom slug like “review” so individual testimonials are viewable at
- Enable an archive page, also with a custom slug like “reviews” so testimonials are viewable at
http://example.com/reviews/. This works well if you want testimonials to have the same look and feel as your theme and/or you have created custom single and archive templates.
- Or disable permalinks altogether so testimonials are only viewable using the plugin’s shortcode.
- Choose which features are available in the testimonial post editor. Don’t like excerpts? Disable them. Need revisions? Enable them.
To really dial it in, get the Properties add-on.
Q: How do I install this?
- Download the plugin from the link in your purchase receipt email or your downloads page.
- Go to your wp-admin > Plugins > Add New page and click the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Upload, install and activate the plugin.
- Go to wp-admin > Testimonials > Settings page and click the “Properties” tab to configure it.
You will receive automatic update notices just like any other plugin.
Q: Can I rename “testimonials” to “customer stories”, for example?
Yes, you can name it whatever you like. That includes the permalink structure. As seen in the wild:
Q: Can I install it in a development environment without counting toward my activation limit?
Yes. The URL must match one of these: